Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Debenne Again in 2008



DeBenneville Pines Family Camp 2008 where I come to see my old friends, have our kids play together in nature, and be with the Grammas. The boys have found their tribes and roam the dirt, trees, and rocks of this 7000 foot elevation wonderland. I hope to see them a couple times a day emerging from the woods or forts or the pool, often with a homemade bow in their hands. I have been running some outdoor activities for the camp. Yesterday we did archery and today we built a rock and mud dam in the creek I spent much of my early teens wandering. Pool time, craft time, tie-dye, stepping stones and much origami. It is good to be here with old freinds and family, and I must say my heart is in a very different place than it was a year ago when we last visited.

No comments: