Wednesday, August 29, 2007

OB Surf Rat Groms

Great evening at the beach with Joel and company and my friend Birgit from New Zealand (thanks for the pictures). Jasper and I paddled out to the outside break, where the big waves are. I was scared for him a bit but he was all smiles even when he got knocked off his board. I held him back on one wave I thought was too big and he got mad at me for not pushing him into it. Silas also went boogie boarding. He has been shy about this, so we took small inside waves and he kept saying "do it again" and "this is sooooo fun". One insider knocked him off for a two wave hold down. He came up wanting to cry, but realized he was okay. He said, "I just held my breath." Then he went back for more!
SILAS says: I was boogie boarding and I wanted to do it again and again. Because it was fun. I got knocked of by one wave and then I got a breath and I got hit by another wave. My wipe out, I was like under for 2 minutes. After my wipeout I took one more little wave.
JASPER says: I took two big waves out where Dada takes them. They were about eight or ten feet tall. One of them was so fast I could hear the fins in the water. It broke at least five times but it did not break on me.

No comments: