Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I Get Paid for This

After two days of meetings with my team at work we took a day to retreat and bond on Tomales Bay. It has been windy most of the week, but today dawned still. I have not had the boys for 4 nights so this morning I was up at 6:30am and in the water by 6:45 for a fun, but frickin cold surf. No one else was out, but there was size, wonderful, powerful size.

Then off to Tomales Bay for a sea kayak. My boat mate was Felice one of two new members to our team. Nine of us total went out to Hog Island and then across the bay to where a small gray whale has been chilling out for the last month. It was amazing to float next to this behemoth as it came up for 3 breaths (see picture below) and then dove down for mouthfuls of mud. We also saw a large herd of Tule Elk and one very large bull Tule Elk at the waters edge.

After several hours of paddling and floating we went back to the kayak base camp and ate ourselves silly on raw and barbecued oysters. We talked a little shop and discussed our Myers-Briggs results: I am an INTP. Does that explain anything?


That little bump is a gray whale. Thanks Peter R for the pictures.

No comments: