Sunday, May 13, 2007

Kitties, Pokemon, and Chekka

Jasper says: the kitten's name is Lucky. She is Alex and Eric's kitten. She is a very playful cat.She likes to bite you and she can jump about four feet high. She likes a Mudkip (Pokemon) toy, she likes to try to eat it and if I wave it around and I put it on the ground then she tries to get it. They have a dog named Pal and she likes to play with him.


Dada says: first day of vacation. Only 5 hours to get from SF to north LA to stay with my old friend Chekka and her family. We enjoyed the first few hours of the Audiobook Dragonrider on the way down. All three of us were mesmerized. Chekka's home is always welcoming. We all went swimming in the backyard pool, still a bit cool, so my boys put on their wetsuits. Lars joined us for the evening with his two dogs Dixie and Bongo. Lars is also joining us in Del Mar for the next 3 days.

Eric, Jasper, Silas (water balloon), Alex, and Pal

Chekka and I went to kindergarten, high school prom, and UCSC together. When I had chicken pox and my kindergarten class went to the nursery she brought me back a fern. I remember planting that fern at the Van Dyke house near the chimney in Del Mar and it grew and thrived for years. Over the last 20 years our families have spent a little time together almost every year. Her husband Craig and I climbed El Capitan, in Yosemite, together about ten years ago. That was my biggest climb ever.

No comments: