Monday, January 7, 2008

Going home to Joshua Tree

I spent the last five days of my vacation in Joshua Tree with new and old friends and loved ones. We stayed at my new favorite motel, the Harmony Motel in Twentynine Palms, enjoying home cooked meals in our kitchen and a hot tub every night. Being in Joshua Tree in the winter brought on familiar feelings, it is amazing how life spirals and we come back to the things we love over and over again. I found myself on routes I did 18 years ago with Lon, Lisa, and Peter during the winters of 1989 and 1990. The routes felt fresh and I felt relaxed on my leads and am inspired to keep on climbing. First day we spent in the Lost Horse area, climbing the Atlantis area which wasn't even developed in 1990. We also climbed some classics on Freeway wall. Next day was a wander through the Wonderland of Rocks ending at Nomad Dome for some nice face climbs. The third day we stuck around Hidden Valley and climbed The Blob and The Old Woman domes, great hand cracks and a fun 5.9 roof. Visit this LINK for more photos.
The crew: DaDa, Greg, Stacy, Gabe, Amos, and George
DaDa stepping out on Cake Walk (5.8), fun fun fun.

No comments: