Sunday, January 27, 2008

100th CrockerBoys Blog

10 months ago we started the CrockerBoys blog at a time of great change in our family. Looking back over the last 99 posts its is clear we have come through with flying colors and are more engaged in our life than ever. It is interesting to look at what we have blogged and who we have spent time with. Some consistencies are very apparent: skateboarding, surfing, Lego, old and new friends, and most of all our family. Also, I have seen climbing and international travel creep into our life as well. For this, our hundredth blog, we will go way overboard and share with you a wonderful weekend where we are all keeping promises, building friendships, and having a good time.

First is the story of Rooney, Silas' kindergarten class pet. SILAS SAYS: Rooney is a stuffed animal dog ad he goes persons house in my class. When I got him I got to go to Tahoe with him and I am at Tahoe right now. Rooney got to go sledding.

JASPER SAYS: Skiing was fun. I went down the slope really fast with out any turns. I was with my friend Jeremy. I went on the lift with Jeremy the most without any grown ups. Once I fell down and I had to pop off both of my skis. The next fall I did I got snow down my shirt, I went one more time and then I went in and I drank hot chocolate. Next year I will learn to snowboard because I can skateboard so it might be a little easier for me. Check out my video.


SILAS SAYS: I can ski. I did a pizza down the hill. A pizza is when you cross your legs and it comes into a triangle and then you did a pizza. I went fast and I fell down and my dad didn't need to hold me. But, when I fell down he helped me up.


Finally, DaDa got to go snowboarding for the first time in over 10 years. The last time nearly killed me. I had been nervous to try it again. After two days I hit the powdery intermediate slopes and felt like I was dropping in on the biggest bottom turns surfing. I am in love with this sport and will probably not ski again. Thanks Andy and George for lending me your snowboard gear, I may not return it.

Happy 100th blog, we look forward to the next 100. Love to you from the CrockerBoys.

No comments: